Working within an agile environment a Software Engineering Team Leader at White Oak UK will work closely with all areas of IT, Product Owner, Projects and the business to deliver projects using the SCRUM and KANBAN frameworks.
White Oak UK is a collaborative environment where everyone has the opportunity to innovate and contribute to business success.
As a Software Engineering Team Leader, you will also maintain a Senior Software Engineer role within one of the agile teams. You will:
• Be part of an agile team responsible for project delivery
• Contribute to the estimation and implementation of user stories helping to shape their design and implementation
• Contribute to acceptance criteria and relevant documentation.
• Unit testing and test driven development
• Produce software against a set of defined coding standards
• Manage and resolve bug fixes through the testing process
• Create system documentation for effective handover to support teams
• Deal with escalated live issues
• Provide timely and effective progress updates on all tasks to the agile team and the business; escalate any issues that will impact on delivery in respect of deadlines, quality, standards
• Ensure all tasks are developer and peer tested; assist the business with user acceptance testing as necessary
• Provide assistance and support with the maintenance of IT systems
• Ensure all development adheres to non-functional (e.g. Security, Availability, Capacity) requirements and standards
• Ensure all code is stored in the appropriate source code library
In addition to this, a Software Engineering Team Leader will also be responsible for:
• Day to day management of the whole development team
• Work with CTO and IT management team to determine and define Software Development and IT strategies, documenting policies and procedures.
• Maintain an overview of the ongoing software projects across the team
• Manage resource assigned to legacy systems
• Drive technological and architectural decision making with development team promoting a free thinking approach whilst mediating technical discussions regarding architectural approach, versions of software tools, best practice, source control, testability and deployment processes.
• Communication of complex technical topics to non-technical people across the business.
• Support PO’s to ensure that relationships with Stakeholders are managed effectively.
Core skills and knowledge
• Experience of people management
• C#.net/.NET Core
• HTML, CSS
• OOP principles
• Experience of AGILE
• Understanding the principles of TOGAF or other enterprise architecture.
• Domain Driven Design
• Working in a continuous delivery environment.
• Understanding of ITIL desirable
• Knowledge of UI frameworks such as bootstrap
• Experience of Azure technologies
Your application was submitted successfully.