Description of role and key responsibilities:
• Key member of the customer service team for White Oak UK- responsible for dealing with a high volume of inbound queries each day
• To be able to handle and resolve complex client queries and collaborate with our Complaints department when necessary
• To be able to effectively manage customers who may be vulnerable and when necessary, act as the account manager for these customers and ensure they are handled in line with our Vulnerable Customer Policy.
• To contact clients approaching end of term for hire agreements and negotiate costs for title
• Raise invoices and chase in outstanding payments, liaising with our Collections department when necessary
• Handle clients who request to transfer their liability to a third party and administer all tasks in relation to this
• Any other task or duty that the business deems reasonable
Core Skills and Knowledge:
• Excellent telephone manner, with sound emotional intelligence; to be able to identify different scenarios and adopt varying approaches depending on the requirements of the client.
• Excellent oral communication skills; including email and letter writing, collating ad hoc letters and responding to complex queries via emails that are untemplated.
• Experience of working in a fast-moving environment and ability to work under pressure
• Ability to problem solve and make decisions using sound initiative.
• Sound numeracy and literacy skills
• Capable of working independently as well as part of an enthusiastic team.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude
Any other attributes that would be helpful, but not essential for the role:
• Basic asset finance knowledge desired
• Previous experience working within the financial services sector preferred
• Educated to degree level preferred